Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Maps and letters...


Hello!  I hope you all enjoyed a restful and relaxing weekend!  I did...I can't say that I got all that much accomplished, but it was a fairly leisurely weekend and that's always nice from time to time :)

This is a busy month for me, as just a few days after I return from Junk Bonanza, I will be leaving for London...yeah!  My husband has a sales meeting in Dublin and so I will be meeting him over in London when he is done...for our anniversary!!!  It does mean I have to brave the flight by myself, but it'll be worth it!  I would love any tips or advice from any of my fellow bloggers who have been to London or live there, especially tips about the flea markets :))

So, in preparation for London, I practiced my tea drinking this weekend...


...and, of course, my scone eating...


Wanting to take a picture for the blog, was a good excuse to use the pretty dishes for my tea and scones...something I really should do more of.  BTW, that adorable little tea pot is one of several that I've bought from my friend Tara's fabulous etsy shop Tara's Vintage Kitchen {you should check it out if for no other reason than to enjoy her utterly amazing photography skills!}.



And, speaking of flea markets, Jen and I headed to our local, monthly flea on Saturday...what a gloriously perfect day it was for the flea market!  We had very Fall-like temps here over the weekend and it was a welcome break from the blistering heat we've had all summer.

I found a few more vintage maps {yep, still on that kick}.  I was drawn to the ones that included England on them...


I also found a box of vintage letters...sigh...how I love old letters...

I love the way the paper has turned all different shades of cream and brown, showing signs of years gone by...

and I love the postmark...just something about it...



...and the beautiful old stamps...ahh, the day when you could mail a letter for 2 or 3 cents...


and, of course, there's the letters themselves...handwritten with love...what can I say, I just find such beauty in them...


Since I have so many, I've decided to part with some of my stash, so you can now find Vintage Letter Bundles in my shop...


I'm still working on the final touches for my son's room.  I hope to show you pictures very soon!


Enjoy a beautiful day!!!



Tracey