Monday, November 9, 2009

Come on in...






...I'm talking Christmas again...I just can't help it! We always put our tree up the weekend before Thanksgiving, so I am already scanning my online decorating "file" for Christmas ideas and inspiration. When I went into it today, I realized that I have a lot of Christmas inspiration to share with you...so I figured I better narrow my topic down a bit for today...




So that leads me to vintage ornaments. A few years ago my in-laws gave me a large box of vintage Christmas ornaments that they didn't want anymore...and I have been hooked on them ever since. I think they blend beautifully with the newer ornaments we have, while lending a magical nostalgic touch to our tree. You can hang them from your tree, yes, but you can also simply pile them up and let their beauty speak for themselves...here's a few of my favorite pics...

I just love how they worked the ornaments into the window treatment here...











I heart this silver tray...





And really, is there anything that doesn't look better under a cloche??!










The next two pictures are of vintage inspired ornaments that are now in stock in my SHOP ...yeah...finally! Trust me, they are gorgeous! And don't worry, I have saved quite a few for myself...







Most of the rest of my order is scheduled to arrive at my house on Wednesday, so I will be very busy this week unloading merchandise and processing orders...wish me luck (and let's hope it doesn't rain because the crates that will be coming are far too large to go anywhere but on my driveway)! The "pre-order" status will finally be coming down off of most of the items in the next day...yipee...

My link back was not working on my last post (that darn Blogger), but I wanted to let everyone know that the little button ornaments that you loved so much were made by the talented Jude over at Tapestries of Nature!


Have a fabulous week... and I will keep you posted on my "adventures" this week :)


{images: 1 betterhomesandgardens, 2 countryhome, 3 & 9-10 jeannedarcliving.dk, 4 houseandhome, 5-8 countryliving}



Tracey